This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[SOLVED] Update currency rate in all my accounts

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Dimitri
Registered Member
Hi,
I have been using KMM2 for some months now and I am very satisfy with it. (I come from MSMoney).
I am using 2 currencies everyday and do not always check that the currency rate is OK.
I also made some error when I imported my complete database from MSMoney (I used the default rate which is 1 instead of something around 10).
So, today, when I create a report with both currencies... I am extremely rich! It is not because I do not convert to the reference currency: it is because (I assume) the currency rate of the operation is wrong.
My question is: Is it possible to update a currency rate in all operations already entered in my database?
I would really appreciate to find a solution to do it.
Thank you for your help.
Regards.
Dimitri
Hei Ku
Registered Member
OS
Have you tried updating the conversion rates by going to the Tools menu -> Prices... ?

Hei Ku, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney Development Team since January-2008
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
Dimitri wrote:My question is: Is it possible to update a currency rate in all operations already entered in my database?
I would really appreciate to find a solution to do it.

My question here is: Are the balances of the account correct? Or do they show wrong values?

In the former case, it is a matter of adding/modifying the (historic) price information and your reports should come out correct. In the latter you will have to fix the transactions first.

Hope that helps.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
Dimitri
Registered Member
Hi.
Great...Thanks to your answers, I found that I could modify the historic of the price for the currency I am using by clicking on "Show all stored prices" in the Tools/Prices.
I have something like 300 lines of wrong prices. (95% of them have "user" as "Source" instead of "Yahoo Currency" which means that I am the one who wrote a stupid rate")
Now that I know how to change the currency rate... I have some issues with it: when I right click on the line I want to update, and click on "Online price update..." it updates today's currency and not the one I am interested in. I get this message:

Fetching URL http://finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s ... &f=sl1d1...
Symbol found: SEKEUR=X
Price found: 0.0958 (0.0958)
Date found: mar. mai 19 2009
Price for SEK > EUR updated (id SEK EUR)

Does it exist any way to get the update working for the selected line?
Is finance.yahoo the best one for the job?

The last solution I have is to edit one by one my 300 lines and write a no-stupid number manually...

PS: the balancing of each of my accounts is OK because I never mix the moneys: I always use SEK for my accounts in SEK and € for my accounts in €. I never pay in SEK on the account in € and vice et versa.
Hei Ku
Registered Member
OS
I think that you will have to update them manually. If you know your way around with xml, you can uncompress the file and run a script to update all the price entries automatically. I don't think there is a way to do that from the program other than manually.

Hei Ku, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney Development Team since January-2008
Dimitri
Registered Member
Thanks for your answers.
I will do it manually then.
Regards.

Dimitri
aga
Registered Member
OS
Dimitri wrote:Thanks for your answers.
I will do it manually then.
Regards.

Dimitri

Are you up to fixing via the database? Ensure you have proper backup first, of course. This might help if the errors are all similar in nature.

aga

aga, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.
Dimitri
Registered Member
Hi,
I am not an expert in KMyMoney/xml but I will learn.
Just need time to go around forums and find the way to do it...
Of course, if you have the script which does the job: I would be very grateful!
Dimitri