This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Thank you KMyMoney developers

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mbeenham
Registered Member
OS

Thank you KMyMoney developers

Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:33 pm
I have just finished (almost) porting accounts from MSMoney and am now parallel running. Just got budgets to sort out which seems to be a bit of a chore.

Not being familiar with QIF format (when I started) I had several false starts but have now got 47 accounts across. These include some investment accounts with around 70 securities all downloading prices and a Mortgage account (that one took about 5 goes to get all the historical information in correctly). I don't know how many 000's of transactions but the history goes back to 1993.

The whole process took a week because I stumbled a few times - oh for a .mny converter! In hindsight I should have just drawn a line under MS Money instead of taking on the QIF import challenge. However all is now done and reconciled and I know a bit more about QIF.

I am running KMyMoney 0.9.3 under Xubuntu on my ancient 750MHz 512MB Tecra Laptop and it goes fine and has been very stable so far.

MS Money was the last app tying me in to MS so I will soon be moving my other machines to *buntu - long overdue.

Thanks to all developers for producing such an excellent application and looking forward to further developments.

Thought you might like to know how much your work is appreciated.

Linux Mint 17.2
KMyMoney Version 4.7.2
Using KDE Development Platform 4.14.2
Hei Ku
Registered Member
OS

RE: Thank you KMyMoney developers

Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:39 pm
You are really welcome.
Can we use this for our comments section? Kind of our Hall of Fame where place these Thank you messages.

Also, I would appreciate to know how many transactions you have. You may find an option under the File menu, File information. That will tell you how many transactions, prices, payees you have in the file. That helps us keep a track of the big files out there, and how we are managing to keep the performance.

On behalf of all KMM developers, thanks for the feedback, and we are glad you like the application.

Hei Ku, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney Development Team since January-2008
mbeenham
Registered Member
OS

RE: Thank you KMyMoney developers

Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:16 pm
No problem - you are welcome to make use of my message in whatever way is helpful.

I found the information about my .kmy file - something else I've found out...

There doesn't seem to be an option to save or export the data so I have transcribed it here

Created on: 2009-06-08
Last Modified on: 2009-06-19
Base currency: GBP
Payees: 1094
Institutions: 9
Accounts/Categories: 438
Transactions: 12286
Splits: 26754
Schedules: 24
Prices: 453

Not much Institution data yet - low priority fill-in task, but will be done.

Thanks - and looking forward to next release...

Linux Mint 17.2
KMyMoney Version 4.7.2
Using KDE Development Platform 4.14.2