This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Editing the payee often doesn't work

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Sandyface
Registered Member
OS

Editing the payee often doesn't work

Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:37 am
Oftentimes when I edit the payee of a transaction, then click OK or press enter, the payee remains unchanged in the register. Sometimes it takes a few tries before it sticks.

Any idea about what's going on with that?

Also, I get a lot of trouble from the menu of auto-complete payees that pops up when I'm entering the payee name. Half the work is in keeping the auto-complete from taking over what I'm typing.

Is there a way to disable or otherwise tame that auto-complete feature?

I'm using KMyMoney 0.9.2.
wolfemi1
Registered Member
OS
Sandyface wrote:Oftentimes when I edit the payee of a transaction, then click OK or press enter, the payee remains unchanged in the register. Sometimes it takes a few tries before it sticks.

Any idea about what's going on with that?

Also, I get a lot of trouble from the menu of auto-complete payees that pops up when I'm entering the payee name. Half the work is in keeping the auto-complete from taking over what I'm typing.

Is there a way to disable or otherwise tame that auto-complete feature?

I'm using KMyMoney 0.9.2.

I've found that the best way to get around this is to use the mouse and click in another field when you're done typing, instead of pressing 'enter' or 'tab' to move to the next field. I agree, I would like to see it fixed so that there is some small bit of effort to use the autocomplete (for example, pressing 'up arrow' or something), because if you're trying to rename something it is kind of a pain.

wolfemi1, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
Sandyface
Registered Member
OS
wolfemi1 wrote:I've found that the best way to get around this is to use the mouse and click in another field when you're done typing, instead of pressing 'enter' or 'tab' to move to the next field. I agree, I would like to see it fixed so that there is some small bit of effort to use the autocomplete (for example, pressing 'up arrow' or something), because if you're trying to rename something it is kind of a pain.

I'm glad, in a way, to know I'm not the only one bothered by it, so maybe someone will fix it. Maybe I will post it to the bug list on sourceforge.

For the problem of the payee not being updated at all, I've tried just about every variation of pressing tab, pressing enter, clicking OK, clicking on another field, editing another field, editing the payee field and then editing another field, etc. And I haven't found a way to ensure that it the change to the payee will stick. I just have to watch to see if it does, and then try again if necessary.