This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

problem with categories

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
summer of 69
Registered Member
OS

problem with categories

Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:34 am
Hay,

I use kmymoney for a for a while now without any problems. Since I installed ubuntu 9.04 I am using Kmymoney 0.9 and discovered a strange problem with the category section. Apparently, the categories I use are not saved, although they exist (I can see this in the report section. Is this a bug or should I alter something. I have been searching for a week now without a solution. Please help :?
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS

Re: problem with categories

Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:32 am
KMyMoney 0.9 is very much outdated. Please update to a newer version. See viewtopic.php?f=69&t=18719 for details.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
summer of 69
Registered Member
OS

Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:04 pm
Have followed the instructions in your link but problem with categories stays sadly the same :(
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS

Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:17 pm
Apparently, the categories I use are not saved, although they exist (I can see this in the report section.

Ok, where do you use them, what happens and can you see them in the category section?

Please try running the 'Tools/Check consistency' tool and see if that makes a difference.

If all this does not help, please consider to create an anonymized version of your data for us to figure out what's going on. Details can be found on http://kmymoney2.sourceforge.net/online-manual/details.formats.anonymous.html.

summer of 69
Registered Member
OS

Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:59 pm
Hay,

I already found the solution you mention : http://www.nabble.com/Critical-bug-in-t ... 57303.html
"TOOLS > CONSISTENCY CHECK" and I got all my categories back. I had a half hour work deleting all double entries. Could it help in the future when I open the file, first check if all categories are visible and if not I click on the consistency button before i make a new entry.
Is this a bug in the program because when i googled, more people complained about this.
Sorry for my poor English, I am used speaking Dutch.
Many thanks for the help o)
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS

Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:27 pm
Shouldn't be a problem. This behavior (lost categories) must have been introduced by a specific state of the software at some point in the past, so it should not show up again. In case you see it again, please let us know.

BTW: I have never experienced this problem and I use KMyMoney on a daily basis.

summer of 69
Registered Member
OS

Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:36 pm
ipwizard wrote:
BTW: I have never experienced this problem and I use KMyMoney on a daily basis.

I also use kmymoney on a daily basis since version 0.8 and this is the first time (with version 0.9.2) that I have this problem. As I installed ubuntu 9.04 version 0.9 of kmymoney was in synaptic. I also use gnucash as a backup financial program. Actually i find gnucash better but one has to have experience with accounting using this program. I have cleaned up my kmymoney file now and will rapport any problems regarding this bug in the future. ;)