This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How can I help with the KDE4 port?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
wolfemi1
Registered Member
OS

How can I help with the KDE4 port?

Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:15 pm
All,

First of all, thanks for the great program. I think it's the best personal finance manager around, full stop.

I would like to assist with porting the software to the QT4 toolkit. I have my machine set up to build out of the official CVS repositories, but I don't think that the port is happening there. Is there some way that I can get set up to build out of the QT4 port branch?

Thanks,

Mike
Hei Ku
Registered Member
OS
At this point, the port branch compiles, but it is not usable. What we need right now is developers. Do you have C++ development experience?

Later on, we will need testers, documentation writers, etc.

The KDE4 port is in the KDE svn, in /trunk/playground/office/kmymoney

Hei Ku, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney Development Team since January-2008
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
The sources to the KDE4 version are kept in the KDE SVN repository. Take a look at http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Sources/Anonymous_SVN for instructions on howto access the repository as anonymous user. The directory for KMyMoney stuff is svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/playground/office/kmymoney.

Communication is happening over the developer mailing list on kmymoney2-developer@lists.sourceforge.net. HeiKu is leading this development effort atm.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
wolfemi1
Registered Member
OS
Hei Ku wrote:[...] Do you have C++ development experience?

I do, I would say I'm a decent C++ coder, and happily that's what I was hoping to contribute. I'll try to get the repository up and compiling on my machine, and let you folks know if I have any problems with it. Thanks!

wolfemi1, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
Hei Ku
Registered Member
OS
Great, you are more than welcome to help.

I have requested the creation of a separate mailing list in kde to handle the development there, and I will setup a page in the Techbase wiki to handle the port issues. It looks like the team is growing and we might need some more formal coordination.

Hei Ku, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney Development Team since January-2008
Hei Ku
Registered Member
OS