This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KMM2 development packages for Kubuntu

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
claydoh
Registered Member
OS

KMM2 development packages for Kubuntu

Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:44 pm
I keep a ppa repository for KMyMoney2's development code here. You just have to add the specified repository via Adept or manually to your sources.list.

Packages are built for Hardy and Intrepid, and are compiled with OFX support built-in for using online banking.

[Note: Intrepid does provide the latest dev release (0.9) from last May, but without ofx support (as usual) ]

These packages do replace any current 0.8 install so do back up your settings/files as needed. I have not seen any reports of data loss/corruption on the mailing lists

If you find any bugs, please report them here in a separate thread or on KMM2's mailing list

[Moderator: Can i get this made sticky?]

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001
NickElliott
Registered Member
OS
Clay,

Your repository is a great help, I recently used it to install on a clean Kubuntu 8.10 beta and everything is working as expected, so thanks for providing them.

Would you recommend always uninstalling a previous version of KMM before installing a newer one?

NickElliott, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
Hei Ku
Registered Member
OS
NickElliott wrote:Would you recommend always uninstalling a previous version of KMM before installing a newer one?

Yes, otherwise weird things might happen. Please always uninstall the previous version before installing from this repository. Once you have this version installed, it will get updated as it happens to your other applications.

Hei Ku, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney Development Team since January-2008
NickElliott
Registered Member
OS
Thanks Hei Ku, it seems obvious now you've explained this!

Unfortunately for me I did a manual download and install from Clay's site - doh!

I will uninstall this version and then add the repository via Adept, job done.

NickElliott, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.