This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Auto incremental identifier for QIF import

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mithras
Registered Member
OS
The QIF format does not support unique identifiers. Therefore KMyMoney2 checks if there might be a duplicated transaction. But if it isn't a duplicate, the # field in the ledgers view still remains empty.

If I manually add a transaction, I get an incremented id automatically. Is it possible to implement it as well for the QIF import?

mithras, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
mithras
Registered Member
OS
*bump* Has nobody ever had the same problem?

Hei Ku
Registered Member
OS
The QIF importer is going through a complete overhaul at the moment, though I think that if the QIF file does not have an identifier, it will not fill in that value.

Hei Ku, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney Development Team since January-2008
mithras
Registered Member
OS
Well, you can apply the same logic during import from qif files as manually entering transactions? If I enter manually a transaction, by default the number field has the auto incremented value. But I can change it myself.

If I'm importing a qif file, the same operation can be applied. No unique identifier given? KMyMoney adds his own auto incremented number. Although, if there is a number, you can give it priority and save that id.

ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
mithras wrote:The QIF format does not support unique identifiers. Therefore KMyMoney2 checks if there might be a duplicated transaction. But if it isn't a duplicate, the # field in the ledgers view still remains empty.

If I manually add a transaction, I get an incremented id automatically. Is it possible to implement it as well for the QIF import?

The # field you are talking about is the field where the application stores a cheque number. The auto increment is for those users, who write a lot of cheques. So it's not a unique number for the transaction per se.

Since QIF provides such a field in its record structure, there is no need for KMyMoney to fill it if it is not filled by the QIF source. If you personally like such an increment, feel free to add it to the QIF file prior to the import into KMyMoney. KMyMoney will pick up that number and store it with the transaction. You can even do this on the fly using the QIF import filter mechanism provided by KMyMoney.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5