This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Categories in Italian

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jokerigno
Registered Member

Categories in Italian

Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:18 pm
Hi,
i'm just downloaded your program and i would like to import my data from Grisbi to Kmymoney.

I i try to import a .qif he asks me to create or select a category for my operations.
But this categories are in english...and i've installed the italian traslation.

Is this a problem or in every language version the categories are in english too?

Thank you, and sorry for my stupid question!
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS

RE: Categories in Italian

Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:37 pm
jokerigno wrote:I i try to import a .qif he asks me to create or select a category for my operations.

KMyMoney usually takes the names of the categories it finds in the QIF file. Can you check that these are in Italian?

BTW: Which version of KMyMoney are you using?

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
jokerigno
Registered Member

Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:32 pm
ipwizard wrote:
jokerigno wrote:I i try to import a .qif he asks me to create or select a category for my operations.

KMyMoney usually takes the names of the categories it finds in the QIF file. Can you check that these are in Italian?

BTW: Which version of KMyMoney are you using?

Sorry, i was talking about the standard categories of Kmymoney...the custom categories of grisbi are obviously in italian..
But i don't want to create new (italian) categories but using the default ones. And these are in english..
i have installed the 0.8.9-CVS (from the mandriva repository)
john_hudson
Registered Member
OS

Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:55 pm
If the categories aren't available in Italian, it is easy to change them. Select Categories and open the whole list; then right click on the ones you want to use and select Edit. You can put in an Italian translation.

As I only use a small number of the default categories only, I assume it will not take too long to change the ones you want to use and leave the rest that you don't want to use in English.

You could then use your experience to offer Italian translations to the team !

John Hudson, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
jokerigno
Registered Member

Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:53 pm
john_hudson wrote:If the categories aren't available in Italian, it is easy to change them. Select Categories and open the whole list; then right click on the ones you want to use and select Edit. You can put in an Italian translation.

As I only use a small number of the default categories only, I assume it will not take too long to change the ones you want to use and leave the rest that you don't want to use in English.

You could then use your experience to offer Italian translations to the team !

OK thank you.
Can you tell me how can i share my esperience with all?
Hei Ku
Registered Member
OS

Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:29 pm
You should first use the CVS version, that way we make sure you are working with the latest templates.
Actually, the latest version is translated to Italian, I just checked. That would be version 0.9.2.

Hei Ku, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney Development Team since January-2008
jokerigno
Registered Member

Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:11 am
Hei Ku wrote:You should first use the CVS version, that way we make sure you are working with the latest templates.
Actually, the latest version is translated to Italian, I just checked. That would be version 0.9.2.

i have the version present in the mandriva repository (0.8) and before reading this message i've done a "italian template"..but i'm very a newbie...

If you or someone else want to check it, tell me how can i do it..

bye