This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

centos 6.2

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kanobi
Registered Member

centos 6.2

Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:32 pm
i have just installed centos 6.2 from a dvd.
i selected 'development' in the manual/custom configuration and found no mention of 'kdevelop' (that i know is part of centos 5.6).
post installation, i again tried to locate kdevelop using the update manager and still could not come up with with location of packages to load.
i tried a search in this forum, but could not see a discussion specific to my problem.
can anyone help please?
google01103
Manager

Re: centos 6.2

Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:55 pm

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

kanobi
Registered Member

Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:00 pm
if i am not mistaken, your link basically tells me that ye, it's not me, and that kdevelop binary(ies) are not avaialbe on the distribution media for centos 6.x.

so, does anybody know when/if kdevelop.org will come up with centos 6.x compatible setup?

google01103
Manager

Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:09 pm
CentOS specific queries are best posted on their forum, I would guess Kdevelop would be available when they upgrade to KDE 4.5 or newer (which will be after RedHat does as they repackage RedHat releases)

If this is a need you could switch distros with Fedora probably being the most familiar or use a different development tool like Eclipse.

Why CentOS?

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x