This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE TV?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
tunjin
Registered Member

KDE TV?

Thu May 31, 2012 7:17 pm
hello

actually there are TVBOX:
-Boxee
-Google TV
-MeeGo for Smart TV
-TVBLOB
-Ubuntu TV
-XBMC Media Center
-Yahoo! Connected TV
-apple TV

i wish.....KDE in TVBOX... it's possible or impossible?... plasma is future also in TVBOX like or similar ubuntu TV with unity...?
do you think..kde for TVBOX?
thank you
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: KDE TV?

Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:38 am
I believe you are looking for Plasma Media Center here - which is in a very, very early stage of development if I recall.
You would need to set it up on some appropriate hardware of course.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
tunjin
Registered Member

Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:32 pm
bcooksley wrote:I believe you are looking for Plasma Media Center here - which is in a very, very early stage of development if I recall.
You would need to set it up on some appropriate hardware of course.

ok but "PLASMA MEDIA CENTER" is ufficial TVBOX for KDE sure? because title is not sound rock... maybe will be COOL name title: "KDE tv" or "RekonqTV" or "konque TV".. i dont know what is best identic of KDE pure.. because PLASMA MEDIA CENTER is same "WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER" i dont like same microsoft!!! best to be different and original identic of KDE SC okay?
open mind from all you ok? do you think?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:58 am
The decisions regarding the name of the specific KDE Workspace are up to the developers for that workspace. At this time, for clarity they have decided to name it "Plasma Media Center".

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]