This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

An idea for buttons

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
veermaharaj
Registered Member

An idea for buttons

Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:38 am
I was looking at the new screenshots and figured i'd mention my 3 and a half cents.

This is really good, minimalistic and clean. Personally my favourite and one of the best.

I still see some screenshots utilizing the older buttons and they look exceedingly out of place.

This is it here:

Also, older versions of the Plasma UI have an odd glow around them. Does anyone else think that needs to glow?

The buttons at the bottom of the window are also a bit odd looking and the drop shadow and beveling is also very excessive.

At the end of the day, we are going back to clean and lean UIs. I hope the KDE team goes more in the direction I mentioned before as opposed to what I showed in the second picture.
andreasnoha
Registered Member

Re: An idea for buttons

Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:03 pm
veermaharaj wrote:I was looking at the new screenshots and figured i'd mention my 3 and a half cents.

This is really good, minimalistic and clean. Personally my favourite and one of the best.

I still see some screenshots utilizing the older buttons and they look exceedingly out of place tv online

This is it here:

Also, older versions of the Plasma streaming tv indonesia UI have an odd glow around them. Does anyone else think that needs to glow?

The buttons at the bottom of the window are also a bit odd looking and the drop shadow and beveling is also very excessive.

At the end of the day, we are going back to clean and lean UIs. I hope the KDE team goes more in the direction I mentioned before as opposed to what I showed in the second picture.

how to make in order to become a better view
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: An idea for buttons

Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:12 am
Was this intended to be posted in the Visual Design Group forum?

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]