This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Getting involved guidance?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
parzzix
Registered Member
OS

Getting involved guidance?

Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:13 pm
I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this. But I started using KDE due to Kontact....it is the only PIM solution on linux that works reliably with caldav and carddav. So now that i'm here I would like to get involved. I am interested in coding, but I have never really done any other running through some simple classes on codecademy in ruby, python, html, and javascript...never completed any of these tracks...

I guess I need direction. I was hoping to make a friend/acquaintance who would possibly hold my hand just a little bit and get me started with the basics. Should I just start learning C++? Where can I go to learn? What is the most basic thing I could be useful with to get started? How do things work in general... I did look through a lot of the documentation, with a lot being key...it is a little confusing on where to start.

As a side note, i'm running Kubuntu 15.04 have a pretty well rounded laptop... so no hardware issues. Willing to take any input or guidance available.

Cheers,
Tim
zachus
Registered Member
OS

Re: Getting involved guidance?

Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:11 am
cheers, mate and good luck