This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

From Gnome to KDE Plasma 5

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
tlyons
Registered Member

From Gnome to KDE Plasma 5

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:01 pm
I've been using GNU/Linux for almost 15 years now (GNOME). After GNOME decided to go the direction it wanted to go, it has been quite hard to stay on GNOME.

My knowledge of KDE has been limited, but I've always known its presence. Didn't quite like it, due to it being 'Windows like" (my thoughts then). However after trying many other desktops, I decided to stay on KDE Plasma. After that, I figured that I should stay on KDE Neon. I like the rolling release idea; having not to install a new version after each release really appealed to me. Yes I'm willing to put up with a few flaws when it updates. Life's a lot like that - it isn't smooth all the time. After saying that I still cross my fingers when an available update comes across the internet - and I accept the terms and conditions. I have my data backed up (always) - just to be safe. This last update was very smooth - and no hiccups! Nice!

Hopefully, if I decide to try my hand at programming (probably Rust will be tried first), I'll try to contribute to the project. Any tips or tricks I find (that isn't listed in the docs) I'll pass along. Any questions or issues that I know the answer to I'll respond.

Many thanks for a wonderful distro! Your hard work is truly paying off.