This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

What book(s) are you currently reading?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mensch
Registered Member
OS
Just because I'm curious: What book or books are you currently consummating?

I'm plowing through "Anathem" by Neal Stephenson and I'm loving it so far. Nothing beats a 900+ page science fiction novel about mathematics in a convent, brought to us by the writer of "Snow Crash" and "The Baroque Cycle". :thumbs_up:

I have forced myself to contradict myself in order to avoid conforming to my own taste. Marcel Duchamp
msoeken
Mentor
OS
I am currently reading The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain, just because this book (engl. 101 Things to Do Before You Die) said so ;)

[size=x-small]code | [url=cia.vc/stats/author/msoeken]cia.vc[/url] | [url=kde.org/support]donating KDE[/url] | [url=tinyurl.com/cto4ns]wishlist[/url][/size]
michael4910
Alumni
OS
I'm just reading
Clive Barker - Galilee in Polish language just not to forget this beautiful language. ;-)
It's a kind of family chronicle that makes the reader wonder, how an author can think of such a story... However, it's quite interesting but Barker shouldn't have written 700 pages but somewhere about 400-500 - it's a little bit lengthy...

michael4910, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
sayakb
Administrator
OS
Dan Brown's -- Digital Fortress - Reading other books from the author also on Todo.. :)

michael4910
Alumni
OS
@LinuxIs... : Think again about reading a second book of Dan Brown. I tried it and got heavily bored, because I already knew the story from the first book I read....

michael4910, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
toad
Global Moderator
OS
Dan Brown is not an author but an abomination. Good luck, LII! Huckleberry Finn - great read! I'm on Reginald Hill's Dalziel & Pascoe - prolly not known to anyone outside the UK :(

Debian testing
sayakb
Administrator
OS
Hehe.. yea. Just wanted to see what's all the fuss (about his books)

bcooksley
Administrator
OS
I believe I remember reading Digital Fortress a couple of months + ago... I liked it, my most favourite part was near the end though, so I won't spoil it.

been reading Traces of Guilt by Neil Barrett currently, quite interesting to see into the minds of an early hacker.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
toad
Global Moderator
OS
Talking of hackers, anybody tried Charles Stross' Atrocity Archives? The German title is Dämonentor for all those who really wanted to know...

Debian testing
mensch
Registered Member
OS
I've read "Accelerando" by Stross, but it was a bit too fragmentary to my tastes. The fact that is was first published as a series of short stories may be the reason for that. But I don't think I'm going to try Stross for a while based on that novel.

Last edited by mensch on Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have forced myself to contradict myself in order to avoid conforming to my own taste. Marcel Duchamp
Korosu_Itai
Registered Member
OS
I'm reading "The Naked Ape" by Desmond Morris. It's very interesting, I recommend it ;)

LinuxIsInnovation wrote:Dan Brown's -- Digital Fortress - Reading other books from the author also on Todo.. :)

Please, don't believe anything he says about Seville. I live there and what Dan says of the city isn't true, not even the littlest bit :P