This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE on TV last night (Fox network in the USA)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
iguest
Registered Member
OS
All,

Last night on the Fox Broadcasting network show called 'Lie to me' they showed about 2 seconds of a computer screen (in a techie lab setting) which looked like it was running Akregator and prominently displaying several KDE Plasma & related news feeds/blogs...

Very exciting - A testament to the good work that the KDE folks are doing.

Kind regards,

Iestyn Guest.
Hans
Administrator
OS

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
QueenZ
Registered Member
OS
Wow, that was pretty sweet :) I've never seen anything but Macs on TV.. (:

TheBlackCat
Registered Member
OS
Has anyone watched Phil Plait's Bad Universe on Dicovery Channel? There was a segment last night on the plausibility of an alien invasion (answer: not very). One segment he was talking to the guy who made the first discovery of a roughly Earth-sized planet around another start. He's showing Phil the records of the brightness of the star, and he does so using what looks like Kpdf. I am not sure is kpdf, but it is certainly using the KDE 3 icon theme. Someone else uses blender in what looks to be ubuntu.

Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965
toad
Global Moderator
OS
Hans wrote:And here it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcRH61T2tOQ :)

Bah, it has been taken off the air by Fox :P

Debian testing