This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Windows 7, now it runs like a dream!

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
L1B3RAT0R
Registered Member
OS
Just watched the Windows 7 commercial where the French woman talks about how horrible Windows used to be. She goes on to say how she told Microsoft about this and now Windows 7 runs like a dream. Well I thought this was kind of funny since I have read a few articles on lucid dreaming and some of the ways to know if you're dreaming is to check electronic devices for abnormal functionality. In dreams electronic devices don't function properly, e.g. light switches don't work, calculators don't function properly, things are blurred and lag, etc.

So, I guess Microsoft is right, Windows runs like a dream.
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
I really like how they use models in cheesy poses in the 'dramatizations' that look only slightly like the person describing the feature that they 'dreamed up'.
Hey look, it's Windows 7! An operating system that's more secure and reliable than the most insecure, crash-prone operating systems that preceded it! Oh, and it's easier to use because it has a new taskbar, woot!

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
Madman
Registered Member
OS
Is it bad that I struggle without Plasma?

Madman, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
Good thing Plasma runs (fairly well) on Windows. Never leave /home (linux) without it :P

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
ComaWhite
KDE Developer
OS
Yeah what funny, if they really did come up with those ideas, what about all those other billions of ideas that people request and never get :S like virtual desktop installed and enabled by default. :S

Btw that french chick was hot ;)

KDE Version: 4.6 (Beta 2) | Qt Version: 4.7.1
Aki IRC Developer http://www.akiirc.org/
fbt
Registered Member
OS
In all the years I used Windows I never had an opurtunity to make suggestions, let alone get a response from an actual developer. And when I ever asked a question in a forum I always got the same answer, "sounds like a virus"