This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Linking issue with suitesparse

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jmogali
Registered Member

Linking issue with suitesparse

Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:15 pm
Hi,
I am trying to link suitesparse with a c++ project of mine. However, upon compiling my project (using cmake), I get the following error-: /usr/bin/ld: //usr/local /lib/libcholmod.a(cholmod_super_numeric.o): undefined reference to symbol 'zpotrf_' //usr/lib/liblapack.so.3: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line

Any idea what I may be doing wrong. FYI, i directly used the latest Suitesparse source from Tim's website. His package builds perfectly on my machine (ubuntu 14.04). If it may be of any help, my project also uses IPOPT which also links with lapack and blas. I can share my cmakelists.txt if it is of any use.

Thanks,
jayanth
google01103
Manager

Re: Linking issue with suitesparse

Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:57 pm
I moved this to the Eigen forums as Forum Feedback was obviously inappropriate, if this is incorrect lmk

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

tienhung
Registered Member

Re: Linking issue with suitesparse

Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:42 pm
Have you checked LAPACK/BLAS linking? I think you should try OpenBLAS/MKL to get better performance. I use them with Eigen in both Ubuntu/Windows and have no problems. Could you share the Makefile?