This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Forum translation 1

Tags: klassroom, forum, translation klassroom, forum, translation klassroom, forum, translation
(comma "," separated)
JanGerrit
OS

Forum translation 1

Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:59 am
Forum translation 1

Category: Translation
Mentor: JanGerrit
Start date: 22.01.10
Duration: 1 week
Students: 10

This course will end at Sat, 6th Feb 2010 because I mentioned its start too quietly.

Purpose
The forum is used by a lot of people with different languages. Some time ago a poll was started to know whether the forum users would like to see a translated forum software and if they would like to help (viewtopic.php?f=15&t=82509). The forum offers some languages but they are partially incomplete. So here is the chance for everyone to help getting the forum software in your language.

Requirements
  • A text editor (KWrite, Kate or the one you prefer)
  • Knowledge of English and another language

Content
Now we can start:
There are 3 archives. Every archive has got other files in it. That allows 3 students to work on one language. If you've finished your archive you can start with another if you want to (but add it to your post then). But watch out that you don't do the work twice ;)
You only have to change the English texts to the texts of your language like this example shows (it has got a German translation):
Code: Select all
Original: 'CHECK_TABLE_PREFIX' => 'Please check your table prefix and try again.',
Translated: 'CHECK_TABLE_PREFIX' => 'Bitte überprüfen Sie das Tabellenprefix und versuchen Sie es nocheinmal.',

Don't change the text before the => and leave the ' ', , and the PHP code.

Expectations
The students are expected to provide translated files as archives with the file structure they got at the beginning. If you have not finished your work upload the files anyway.

Archives

So let's start. Make a short post about the pack you take. If there are questions, don't hesitate to ask here.

BelaLugosi
Alumni
OS

Re: Forum translation 1

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:23 am
Ok, here we go (now i can reply here.. ;) ).
I'll take archive one and have a look, what i can do for the german language.

i don't have hard drives. i just keep 30 chinese teenagers in my basement and force them to memorize numbers (bash.org)
Anton
KDE Developer
OS

Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:30 pm
Of course I'll participate.
Language: German
utkuaydin
KDE Developer
OS

Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:47 am
I'd like to participate. My language is Turkish.
Anton
KDE Developer
OS

Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:33 pm
I'd like to take Archive 1
@BelaLugosi: I know you wanted to take Archive 1 but there's a thing I've began to translate earlier and JanGerrit told me it's in Archive 1.
JanGerrit
OS

Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:37 pm
Apart from Anton neither BelaLugosi nor utkuaydin have answered/post something about the archive they want to take.
Are you still in? Or did you just over overlook the start?

BelaLugosi
Alumni
OS

Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:48 pm
JanGerrit wrote:Or did you just over overlook the start?

...oh, i just didn't realize, it started already. But i see, you just edited your initial posting, maybe that's why i haven't seen it. You should have made a new post, it would have been more prominent.

And of course i'm still with it!

@Anton:
I already started and almost finished archive one i while ago, but i don't mind and will send it to you, when you pm me your mailadress.

I'll have a look into archive 2 tonight.

Cheers,
Steve

i don't have hard drives. i just keep 30 chinese teenagers in my basement and force them to memorize numbers (bash.org)
JanGerrit
OS

Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:35 pm
BelaLugosi wrote:...oh, i just didn't realize, it started already. But i see, you just edited your initial posting, maybe that's why i haven't seen it. You should have made a new post, it would have been more prominent.

Yeah, your right, I'm sorry.

So we make this course a week longer, because I have made this fault

I'll change it in the initial post, too.

BelaLugosi
Alumni
OS

Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:19 pm
Ok, sorry for the delay, but there isn't much spare time with two sick children around... ;)

After Anton contacted me, we decided, that he would translate archive two as i was almost done with archive one. And as there was nobody who took archive three, i did that translation too.

So i have a german translation from archive one and archive three and i would like to upload them in here, but there seems to be no way to do that. And as the archives are packed as .tar.gz, i can't even send them to you, JanGerrit, via PM (same if they are zipped). So how should i post them?

Steve

JanGerrit
OS

Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:56 pm
BelaLugosi wrote:Ok, sorry for the delay, but there isn't much spare time with two sick children around... ;)

No problem ;)
BelaLugosi wrote:After Anton contacted me, we decided, that he would translate archive two as i was almost done with archive one. And as there was nobody who took archive three, i did that translation too.

Good.
BelaLugosi wrote:So i have a german translation from archive one and archive three and i would like to upload them in here, but there seems to be no way to do that. And as the archives are packed as .tar.gz, i can't even send them to you, JanGerrit, via PM (same if they are zipped). So how should i post them?

There are websites where you can upload them and provide the link they give you.
e.g. http://filebin.ca/

The course is supposed to end soon! So please provide me the files, everyone.

BelaLugosi
Alumni
OS

Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:08 pm
Howdy,

thanks JanGerrit for the link. Here they are:

* archive one
* archive three

There are some things i wasn't able to translate (even translations services couldn't) - mostly the very "technical" parts - so i left them as they were.

Have a look at it. I would appreciate if you tell me, what i could have done better or in another way.

So long,
Steve

utkuaydin
KDE Developer
OS

Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:25 am
JanGerrit wrote:Apart from Anton neither BelaLugosi nor utkuaydin have answered/post something about the archive they want to take.
Are you still in? Or did you just over overlook the start?

Sorry, I couldn't translated because of my exams and projects. It isn't too late now, is it?

It appears I'll take all of them if is the course still active because I haven't seen any Turkish here except from me.
JanGerrit
OS

Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:22 pm
Ok, I haven't looked at BelaLugosi's packages, yet, but I will this weekend.
So you can work on your packs, utkuaydin.

utkuaydin
KDE Developer
OS

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:44 pm
Me and a friend of mine started to work on all archives. He will register to forum when we finished.