This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Change tab in dialog windows → keyboard shortcut

Votes
Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
koukasio
Registered Member
I know this seems a bit too much but I would like to know what to do about the keyboard shortcut in dialog windows which changes tabs.
In gtk and windows apps, the Ctrl+{PgUp,PgDn} shortcut changes tabs in dialog(and other) windows ,it seems to be a standard in every respectful app.
I don't have many gtk apps to test , but it works on all of them: nautilus, easystroke, grsync, libreoffice, cheese, dia, xsane, playonlinux, synaptic package manager
I am a total tard with mouseless, keyboard-only control: keyboard shortcuts, xkb customization, window managers, etc. and I've been thinking of this for years.
I have to touch the mouse in order to change tabs in menus, which is something that I can of course live with, but I enjoy KDE for its perfection!
In apps like libreoffice with lots of dialog windows with tabs it is of great help if you work on it every single day of your life .
There is of course the cool thing with the underlined letters to press with Alt+letter (there is no such thing with gtk,windows apps), but I would like to have the Ctrl+{PgUp,PgDn} shortcut.
In some windows it works to press left and right arrow keys but it doesn't work in general.
It seems more likely to me that it is a qt thing... librecad and scribus are qt apps not connected to kde and they have the same behaviour
I have posted here before: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=111339 and I was redirected to the KDE brainstorm section
What do you think ?

Last edited by koukasio on Tue May 28, 2013 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
sir_herrbatka
Registered Member
try ctrl+. and ctrl+, or go to standard key shortcuts KCM module and set your custom shortcut.
koukasio
Registered Member
Thanks for answering,
that works for the main application tabs (e.g. Konqueror, Reconq, Ctrl+, and Ctrl+.).
I am talking about the dialog windows tabs. Nevertheless, I did try it with no result.
You can try for example the systemsettings or kcmshell4 dialogs...
Other examples:
Dolphin, Konqueror→Edit→Properties(Alt+Return)
calligrasheets→cell_format(ctrl+alt+f)