This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[Kwin-Wayland] Allow to split screen

Votes
Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Lachu
Registered Member
OS
There exist stackless WMs.
Why do not allow to do similar thing and split screen?

Each screen could have dedicated mouse and keyboard. Such solution MS proposed, but never realized it.
On each screen part, we will have different plasma desktop. It will be like different screen, but resolution was whole_screen_axis - space_taken_by_other_split_part.

When I maximize (or minimize) window, it will be maximized on whole part (not whole screen) or get minimized to taskbar for related screen part.
Just allow to split screen!

Use cases:
1. PIP: I can set video window fullscreen and work on other screen part. Currently, I can have video window with frame and it has many disadvantages.
2. Work with two or more users (thanks to dedicated mouse/keyboard)
3. Fast changing something like resolution - simply press on "glue" of both parts and move mouse to change resolution of our virtual screen parts!

Also add virtual parts, which assemblies many near parts!

Lachu, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.
jennylannt
Registered Member
Peeling at our med spa NYC is considered one of the most popular ways to make the skin more attractive. With the help of these techniques, the stratum corneum of the skin is removed, the scales that have served their scales, which make the face dull, lethargic, and lifeless. Many types of peels start the process of renewal and restoration of the skin, making it fresh, radiant, and youthful.