This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Please add tags to your ideas

Votes
Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Primoz
OS

Please add tags to your ideas

Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:29 pm
I know that our forum devs are doing a great job trying to make this Brainstorm section even better. And that tagging is near the top of their list.
But they are only humans. So please before that gets implemented do tag your ideas.

So let's say that I want to propose an idea for Dolphin I would name it like this:
[Dolphin] More cowbells
And the same for any other KDE applications.

That would make our job of an moderators much easy as we could simply search for a tag and get all similar ideas and compare if there are duplicates of each other.
Or sometimes a poster thinks that he or she makes perfect sense but nobody else knows what idea proposes, so tag would at least narrow it down and probably the idea would start making some sense.

Thank you.
Keep brainstorming!

Primoz, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.
TheBlackCat
Registered Member
OS

RE: Please [TAG] your ideas

Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:40 pm
I have a couple of questions:

1. Is it okay to have multiple tags?
2. What should the shortcut system be categorized under?
3. What should the file overwrite dialog be categorized under?
4. Should [Plasma] be used for all plasma-related things, or should we be more specific, like [Panel], [Desktop], [Pager], etc.?

Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965
Primoz
OS

Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:42 pm
1.: Yes; I think something similar to this: [Dolphin/Konqueror]
2.: Not sure. maybe hotkeys, Kded, KHotkeys, input action...
3.: [File management]; or something similar. Not like dolphin or konqueror but managing of files in wider sense. (Hope that makes some sense)
4.:It could be done similarly to 1; [Plasma/panel]...

Hope that clears things up.

The User
KDE Developer
OS

Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:57 pm
I think the Overwrite-Dialog belongs to kio.
Primoz
OS

Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:43 pm
The User wrote:I think the Overwrite-Dialog belongs to kio.

Yes I guess that overwrite dialogue could be tagged as KIO.
I couldn't remember it then.

Lukas
Registered Member

Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:53 am
Since now we have tags, it would be nice to be able to browse by tags (tags cloud etc) similar as in WP we can do it :)
Primoz
OS

Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:26 pm
Lukas wrote:Since now we have tags, it would be nice to be able to browse by tags (tags cloud etc) similar as in WP we can do it :)

That was the idea, but I don't know when or even if it will be done.

Lukas
Registered Member

Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:23 pm
Well I know PHP + mysql quite well so, if there are something I could help, PM me ;)

The easiest solution, in my opinion, would be to phrase all/new titles to array of tags with corn once a day, make a list of links like Tag and cache them in some file. Not the best, but simple, no extending DB, could be done with just 2 files.
TheBlackCat
Registered Member
OS

Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:25 am
What if someone modifies their title? I've done that on several occasions.

Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965
Lukas
Registered Member

Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:51 am
TheBlackCat wrote:What if someone modifies their title? I've done that on several occasions.

If some modifies its title and only if he adds tag, that has never been used before in this forum:
a) the tag would not be indexed till next corn ( phrase all/new titles to array of tags with corn once a day )
b) posting/editing tour topic could trigger a "mini indexer", that would phrase only that one post.

Any way, it wouldn't be a big problem, since tags with only one post could be considered as quite unimportant.
Primoz
OS

Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:02 pm
I'll inform other mods and admins about this, as I know it was planned, I'm just not sure where we stand in developing this.

Hans
Administrator
OS

Re: Please add tags to your ideas

Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:55 pm
As we have a proper tag system in the forum now, you might wonder what will happen to the Brainstorm "tags" (the ones you put in [brackets]).

The plan is to merge the two tag systems. However, there are other things with higher priority at the moment. In the meanwhile, we encourage everyone to continue to use the old [tags] in Brainstorm and, optionally, enter tags in the tag box at the bottom of the thread.
apache
Registered Member
OS

Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:10 pm
Hans wrote: enter tags in the tag box at the bottom of the thread.

I don't see any tag box in my Brainstorm threads where I can add tags.
alexhitchens
Registered Member

Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:33 am
Excuse my ignorance but why not employ hash tags as a method of utilizing search ( and destroy) within the forum? It was originally a laugh at instagram but I hate to admit - it works!
dandv
Registered Member
OS
The Discourse makes it much easier to tag threads.

(Among many other features, it also supports Markdown instead of BBcode. Markdown is used everywhere nowadays, GitHub, StackExchange, Slack, Ghost etc.)