This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Top running process Plasmoid request

Votes
Tags: top process plasmoid top process plasmoid top process plasmoid
(comma "," separated)
arindom
Registered Member
OS
In Conky it is possible to view, on desktop, the top (n number) running processes as per CPU usage % or as per Mem usage %. This really helps one to find out which process is using the highest resources.

My request is can we also have a plasmoid which shows the top processes as per memory usage/CPU usage?

I noted that there is a plasmoid which is Toplike (http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/to ... ent=114415). But the problem is I could not compile the source it generated error while making.
Moult
Global Moderator
OS

Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:51 pm
Isn't there a widget to show a console? Just run htop in it!

Moult, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
thinkMoult - source for tech, art, and animation: hilarity and interest ensured!
WIPUP.org - a unique system to share, critique and track your works-in-progress projects.
TheBlackCat
Registered Member
OS
Yasp can show the top applications but I can't seem to change the number of items.

Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965
arindom
Registered Member
OS
Moult wrote:Isn't there a widget to show a console? Just run htop in it!

We can also use ksysguard to check the processes but I thought having a plasmoid will be handy because in one click (desktop icon on kde panel) you get to see the list.

I think that is more easy and useful.
arindom
Registered Member
OS
TheBlackCat wrote:Yasp can show the top applications but I can't seem to change the number of items.

Thanks TheBlackCat for reminding about YASP. It's really a great plasmoid. There is one more plasmoid like oxygen-system-monitor (if I spelled it correctly), which is also good but I was looking for something with is solely for the top process purpose.

I am running CPU, MEM, network etc. plasmoid separately, so I was looking out something like "top process" mentioned above.
Primoz
OS
I prefer htop in yakuake.
I mean I don't need this info all of the time, and when I do I can just press F12.

Anyway I guessing this idea can be marked as pre-existing?
(I'll wait until OP approves that YASP is what he needed.)

Primoz, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.
TheBlackCat
Registered Member
OS

Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:35 pm
The problem is yasp does not allow you to change the number of items, which was one of the requirement in the OP. But perhaps this could be suggested.

And YaSP can be set to only display top, so if it had that option it would fit.

Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965
sadi
Registered Member
OS
I've added this to Wish List as a Feature Request here: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=467770
You can track progress (or even show support) by subscribing to it. ;-)