This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

Where has "Mark forum as read" gone?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Mamarok
Manager
OS
There used to be an option on top right to mark a forum as read, this has disappeared. Could we have that back, please?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Hans
Administrator
OS
You find it in the dropdown menu if you click on the arrow on the "New Topic" button.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
google01103
Manager
it would be nice if there was an indicator visible

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

Hans
Administrator
OS
google01103 wrote:it would be nice if there was an indicator visible

What kind of indicator?

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
google01103
Manager
a check mark on the following or just the icon: binoculars, glasses, a book, an envelope or maybe just the word "read"

or maybe something like this but with a check mark Image

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

steveriley
Wow, it appears this function (in the dropdown menu next to "New Topic") is available at the level of each individual forum only. The old forum had a single-click choice that would mark everything; now, I'd have to visit 27 individual forums just to accomplish the same thing...
Mamarok
Manager
OS
steveriley: did you use the drop-down menu on your nick? There you can mark forums as read as well, so if you are in the Board Index it will mark all sub-forums.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
steveriley
I didn't know that was there. Another hidden bit of functionality. I love the new board's visual design, but I'm not so sure that hiding functionality behind menus in non-intuitive locations is a good idea.
sayakb
Administrator
OS
We don't want a cluttered interface with a lot of links. That's why I added a 'tour' in the header links itself: