This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

[SOLVED] Too many blocks in new skin

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
greatperson
Registered Member
OS
Am I the only one who doesn't like that, with the new forum skin, every message looks like a big quote? Why not to remove .grey-box's padding, background and border? The forum seems to be much cleaner when I disable these three lines with Firebug. ;)

Last edited by greatperson on Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Manko10
Registered Member
OS

Re: Too many blocks in new skin

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:50 pm
No, you're not the only one. I also find the box around each posting very unintuitive as I always read them as quotations and then search for the "real" posting. As an active forum user (not necessarily of this one but of many others), I'm "trained" to skip quotations when scanning threads and only read them carefully if they are important for the content of the posting. This is no habit I developed knowingly, it's something my brain got used to over time to increase efficiency.

Having a box around each posting therefore really doesn't lead to a good reading experience. Although I like the clearness of the rest of the design, this would be something that could be improved IMHO. I also don't understand the reason why there is a box. The design is clear enough without it. There is no need for extra separation.
sayakb
Administrator
OS

Re: Too many blocks in new skin  Topic is solved

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:45 pm
It was initially added to provide a visual aid to distinguish between consecutive posts. Nevertheless, it's gone now.

Manko10
Registered Member
OS

Re: Too many blocks in new skin

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:55 pm
Thanks. Looks much better now.
greatperson
Registered Member
OS
Thank you!
Marked the topic as solved. :-)
Mamarok
Manager
OS
greatperson wrote:Thank you!
Marked the topic as solved. :-)

Please use the button "Accept this answer" instead of editing the subject. Much easier :)

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...