This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

Linking forum login with KDE identity

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
marcfearby
Registered Member
OS

Linking forum login with KDE identity

Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:19 am
I've just signed up and was directed to create a KDE identity, which I promptly did. Then, when I went to log into the forum I ticked the box to login with my newly-created identity, but then it wouldn't accept the credentials I supplied no matter which option I chose (create, or use existing, from memory). So, I now have a different username on this forum to my KDE identity. Is there a way to use the same KDE identity username between it and this forum? If so, how does one achieve this? Thanks.
sayakb
Administrator
OS
Since the forum was set up before KDE Identity was set up, we have different databases as there were too many username conflicts. We have a plan to find a working solution soon though.

That being said, there's a possibility that your KDE Identity username might already be registered here. Although, you needn't worry about your forum credentials as long as you link your Identity account with your account here. I can see that your account isn't linked to an Identity account right now. So once you login with your identity credentials (make sure you tick the "Login with KDE Identity checkbox"), you have to select "Link with existing account" and provide this username and the corresponding password you used here (not the password on KDE Identity). Linking is a one time activity only, and you can login directly with your identity credentials post that.

If you're still having trouble linking, you can send us a mail (address in the footer of the forum) from the email address you used on KDE Identity and we can link your account from our end.

marcfearby
Registered Member
OS
Thanks sayakb. I think I've linked them, now. I may have had a KDE forum account back in the 3.5 days (that I forgot about); KDE and I parted ways when 4.0 was released, but GNOME has given me reason to renew my friendship with KDE again :-)