This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

Edit a post in KDE Brainstorm...

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
psifidotos
Registered Member
OS

Edit a post in KDE Brainstorm...

Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:53 pm
Hello I have just noticed that I can not edit my posts in
KDE Brainstorm Forum, is that normal? I think that before the Wayland change
editing your posts it was possible...

Regards,
Michail
sayakb
Administrator
OS
The permissions for the forum were correct, and my test account was able to edit it's own post. I have refreshed the permission again, nevertheless.

Can you please check if it made any difference?

psifidotos
Registered Member
OS
sayakb wrote:The permissions for the forum were correct, and my test account was able to edit it's own post. I have refreshed the permission again, nevertheless.

Can you please check if it made any difference?

I am so sorry, but there is no difference the same behavior persists
sayakb
Administrator
OS
Here's the permission mask that is set:

And you should be able to see the edit button on the bottom right side of each post.

What message do you get when you visit this link: posting.php?mode=edit&f=83&p=245151 ?

psifidotos
Registered Member
OS

Re: Edit a post in KDE Brainstorm...

Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:44 pm
What message do you get when you visit this link: posting.php?mode=edit&f=83&p=245151 ?[/quote]

So strange, by clicking your link I can edit one of my old posts but the buttons you are describing
I can not see them, in Workspace Vision I can see these buttons for my posts in order to change them.
Maybe I must log in with a different way through KDE Inentity? Even though I have just noticed
that KDe Identity with firefox 14 is not appearing correctly...
psifidotos
Registered Member
OS
sayakb wrote:Here's the permission mask that is set:

And you should be able to see the edit button on the bottom right side of each post.

What message do you get when you visit this link: posting.php?mode=edit&f=83&p=245151 ?

Dear sayakb,
I tried editing my post with id=208616, it is the post that was showing the previous behavior
"not showing editing option"and it appears to be locked. Maybe because it is a brainstorm idea
has a limit of editing for 2 times?

Regards,
michail
sayakb
Administrator
OS
Odd. And no, there's no such restriction actually. Brainstorm is just like any other forum with voting controls. The permissions are same, and everything.

We'll look into the issue. In the meantime, you can PM me the new content if you want and I can edit it on your behalf.