This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

Login

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Hewjr100
Registered Member

Login

Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:29 pm
I would prefer my login username to be Hewjr100. when I registered it did not allow me to set login username, only predetermined options. Can you please change it.

Henry
sayakb
Administrator
OS

Re: Login

Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:02 pm
Hi,

KDE Identity (our central user database) has a username policy, and hence, having Hewjr100 as your Identity login will not be possible. Our authentication system here, however, creates a local user (in your case, a user with your display username, which is Hewjr100) as soon as you login to the forum with your KDE Identity credentials.

That being said, if you wish to log in with your display username (Hewjr100), you'll have to send us a mail (email address in the footer) requesting for a password reset for your display username. You can later change your password from the user control panel.