This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

Images with copyrigth in control panel of the forum

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
migueln
Registered Member
OS
Hi,

I'm a new user of this forum. When edit my preferences in control panel, see the local galery for option of predefined images for will use in my account. In this galleries exist a images that probability have a copyright's. It's not a problem with the principles of free software ???

Step:

Go to control panel > Profile > edit avatar > local gallery > show gallery > select "generic" (for example) = two or three images with copyright.
sayakb
Administrator
OS
Those images were shipped with our previous board software MyBB, specifically the "general" gallery you are referring to. I'd like to know how you evaluated that the images are under copyright violation. But in any case, please report it to MyBB team.

Anyway, I have removed the avatars as they don't match our look and feel.

migueln
Registered Member
OS
sayakb wrote:I'd like to know how you evaluated that the images are under copyright violation.

There were two images of child cartoon characters whose programs are televised, so it should be copyrighted.

sayakb wrote:Anyway, I have removed the avatars as they don't match our look and feel.

I think if any user finds fault in removing avatars, would suffice.

Thanks for your attention.