This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

no breadcrum navigation trail in the KDE forum

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
villan
Registered Member
OS
when viewing a thread, i don't see a breadcrumb navigation - a way to get back to the parent forums thread list, to view other threads in the same forum category. this would make your site more usable and convenient. i just figured i'd mention this, in case it was some thing you guys could easily add in, to help your users.

thanks for your time!

Hans
Administrator
OS
There's one at the bottom of the page, see for more information.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
villan
Registered Member
OS
ah, thanks for the tour link - didn't see that before :D. well, fwiw, i think it might be worth considering moving it to the top - new users would not likely look for a standard interface element on the bottom of the page, when it appears at the top by convention ;).

thanks again!

YAFU
Registered Member
OS
When I'm viewing a thread I can not find a way to see in which section of the forum is the topic. It would be nice to have on the top of each thread a tree with accessible locations, such as:

Forum index > KDE Software > Workspace > Plasma > 'Activities in Plasma Workspaces'
Ranko Kohime
Registered Member
OS
villan wrote:ah, thanks for the tour link - didn't see that before :D. well, fwiw, i think it might be worth considering moving it to the top - new users would not likely look for a standard interface element on the bottom of the page, when it appears at the top by convention ;).

thanks again!

It's not actually at the bottom of the page, but rather it's pinned to the bottom of the browser window, and snaps onto the page when near the bottom. And add me to the list of those who did not see if before reading this thread, I was about to start a thread on that very issue. ;D

I will say it would be nicer for it to snap to the top of the page, though. ;)
sayakb
Administrator
OS
There is a plan to redesign the forum theme. We will take this under consideration when writing the new theme.