This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

User online?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
wakou222
Registered Member
OS

User online?

Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:45 am
I was just browsing the forums and wondered if, like some other forums, an indication is given to whether someone is currently online or not.
I guess that the tiny man icon beneath someone's avatar does this. Green if on and grey if off.
If this is the case, I wonder if it would not be a good idea to have that info shown when a user mouse hovers over the icon, exactly as it does when the user hovers over the 'OS' icon. Just a thought!

ps now I have copied the icons, I see that they are called user-online.png and user-offline.png, So! My hunch was correct! "How do you do it Holmes?"

openSUSE 12.3(kernel 3.11.xxxx/KDE 4.11/nVidia 6150se IGP/nVidia driver 304.108/AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600/4Gb DDR2 RAM
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: User online?

Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:21 am
I can confirm the Grey/Green icons do indicate if the user is online at the moment or not.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
sayakb
Administrator
OS

Re: User online?

Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:41 am
I've added titles to the icons.