This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

Login issues

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
shmerl
Registered Member
OS

Login issues

Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:29 am
I recently tried to log in from a new computer, and forum refused to let me in, insisting that I need to create a KDE identity first. I made one, but there was no way to reuse my current user name (it didn't even allow a choice of custom name there). Is there a way to merge my accounts? I want to keep my current user name, not the one that identity forced on me. It's good that I have access still from an older machine, but if I'll log out, it will be lost I assume.

Thanks.
sayakb
Administrator
OS

Re: Login issues  Topic is solved

Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:15 am
You can go ahead and log in with your identity.kde.org account here. From what I can see, your forum's email address is same as your identity.kde.org default mail address, and once you log in with your identity credentials here, the forum will automatically find and use your existing account. If your accounts are not linked automatically, you will be given the option to manually merge your identity account to your existing account immediately after you log in.

shmerl
Registered Member
OS

Re: Login issues

Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:04 pm
Thanks, it connected the accounts indeed (posting after logging in with KDE identity).
sayakb
Administrator
OS

Re: Login issues

Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:05 pm
Glad that it's working. I have marked this topic as solved.