This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

Cannot log in to forum.kde.org with Firefox

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Jarmo U-M
Registered Member
OS
Hi,

i created new user account. But when i log in in with Firefox (version 28.0), i get kicked out in a few seconds. I removed all cookies etc. but that didn't help.
I can log in successfully with Chrome and everything is working ok. Have you any ideas why this happens?
Situation is pretty silly, because i want to use Firefox. (Firefox is my primary browser and its open and awesome).

Greetings,
Jarmo
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
This is quite unusual - there is nothing which should stop you from using Firefox with the forum.
Can you please check for and remove any cookies set for .kde.org itself (next level up from forum.kde.org) in case that is causing the issue?

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Jarmo U-M
Registered Member
OS
bcooksley wrote:This is quite unusual - there is nothing which should stop you from using Firefox with the forum.
Can you please check for and remove any cookies set for .kde.org itself (next level up from forum.kde.org) in case that is causing the issue?

Hi. Thanks for Your answer. I removed all cookies, but unfortunately that didn't help. I also disabled HTTPS Everywhere plugin and Adblock Plus plugin, but the situation still the same. :(

Greetings,
Jarmo
Ahmed.AbouElhamayed
Registered Member
Does it happen when you use private browsing as well?
To open a private window use File->New Private Window
Jarmo U-M
Registered Member
OS
Ahmed.AbouElhamayed wrote:Does it happen when you use private browsing as well?
To open a private window use File->New Private Window

Hi, now I'm writing this reply in Firefox private browsing mode, everything seems to be working now! :)
What is this all about?
Ahmed.AbouElhamayed
Registered Member
Jarmo U-M wrote:Hi, now I'm writing this reply in Firefox private browsing mode, everything seems to be working now! :)
What is this all about?

Try clearing your Firefox cache, for details:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ho ... efox-cache

Now try to log in from a normal window. If it doesn't work, try disabling each add-on or plugin one by one till it works.
Jarmo U-M
Registered Member
OS
Ahmed.AbouElhamayed wrote:
Jarmo U-M wrote:Hi, now I'm writing this reply in Firefox private browsing mode, everything seems to be working now! :)
What is this all about?

Try clearing your Firefox cache, for details:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ho ... efox-cache

Now try to log in from a normal window. If it doesn't work, try disabling each add-on or plugin one by one till it works.

I cleared cache and disabled all add-ons and plugins but that didn't help. Then I cleared all cached data and all cookies (not just *.kde.org) and now it seems to be working ok and all plugins and add-ons are enabled. Thank You.