This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

accidental multiple registration

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Luke Drillhead
Registered Member

accidental multiple registration

Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:58 pm
I needed to ask a question about KOrganizer and I googled it and found this forum. I've just registered with the username "tomzecat". However, when I went to log in, it automatically logged me in as "Luke Drillhead." That's a forum handle I sometimes use on Internet forums. Turns out I had registered for this forum some years back but did not remember. I guess I could just post as Luke Drillhead and not use the new registration. Just wanted to give you a heads up as to what's going on.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
This is a result of the way the forum integrates with KDE Identity. Your "Luke Drillhead" account likely dates back to some past registration, either on this forum or elsewhere (we've imported several other sites over time).

When you logged in using your Identity credentials (which are the only way to login) the forum detected this previously existing account (based on email address matching) and so automatically selected your existing forum profile.

On future visits, you'll still need your Identity username and password to login.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]