This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

Messed up making a KDE identity - can you delete/merge?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Elle Stone
Registered Member
OS
KDE identity refuses to let me register with my preferred email address "ellestone@ . . . " because it thinks that email address belongs to some other person. I don't have the user name or the password to my messed up attempt to register using my preferred email address. It also refuses to allow me to replace the email address elle@ . . . with the address ellestone@ . . . , for the same reason. The "@ . . . " are exactly the same for both addresses.

So now I have two KDE identities, elle@ . . . (which I don't want) and ellestone@ . . . (which I do want, but I don't have the user name so I can't log in), plus my old posts. Here's a post from "Elle Stone" (that's me): viewtopic.php?f=139&t=111928&p=268592&hilit=elle+stone#p268592

Any way out of this mess?

Thanks in advance,
Elle Stone
einar
Administrator
OS
Hello,

There are indeed two different accounts with the same email, but only one is with elle@ like you said. The other has a completely different domain.

Would you mind following up with a mail to forum-admin at kde dot org describing your issue? Thanks.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
pbolger
Registered Member
I didn't realise that my email address was going to be visible to other members (would have used a throwaway if I had). How do I delete my identity?
pbolger
Registered Member
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS
pbolger wrote:I didn't realise that my email address was going to be visible to other members (would have used a throwaway if I had). How do I delete my identity?

You can edit your identity to show a different email address, if necessary. Please file a ticket if you need more help with Identity: http://sysadmin.kde.org/tickets/. More information about Identity: https://community.kde.org/Sysadmin/IdentityFAQ