This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

Allign usernames after confusing registration process

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
aiday_w
Registered Member
Hi, I recently registered with KDE forum to become involved with Krita dev. The problem is that my username under KDE Identity is not the same as my username when logging into the Krita forum. But I can't change it from there. I wanted to have the same username across the forums,

aidy_w

Instead I have 'aiday_w' in the Krita forum and 'aidanw' in the KDE identity system. I don't quite understand what you guys intended with the KDE identity system, but it sure confused me.

Any chance we can correct these errors of mine.

Thanks in advance.
Aidan Walton
Hans
Administrator
OS
The KDE Identity name is your login name (similar to e.g. Steam) and "aidy_w" is your display name that others see. As far as I know, you can't choose your own login name, but it shouldn't matter since you only use it for logging in - it's not shown to other people. Identity is used to log in to various KDE sites, such as the forums and wikis, and you can have different display names for each.

I've also heard that there are plans to move to email-based authentication for Identity. Hopefully that'll reduce the confusion.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts