This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

How do I delete my account?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
quantdev
Registered Member

How do I delete my account?

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:58 pm
I wish to permanently delete my account. However, I can't see any such option in my control panel. How can I do this?
google01103
Manager

Re: How do I delete my account?

Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:16 pm
to quote one of the admins (bcooksley)
Sorry, we only support the disabling of accounts, as the deletion of accounts requires the deletion of posts and topics they created, which is disruptive to the topics they have posted to.

strange that you posted a query 8 minutes after making this request

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

quantdev
Registered Member

Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:46 pm
Well I love this forum, I'm just not fond of the policy of sharing everyone's email addresses. I'm also not fond of forcing users to share our real names (or be dishonest about it against the policy).

I've had a look at the KDE Identity control panel but I can't figure out how to change my display name or disable sharing of my email address with others. Since I couldn't find a help page either my hope was that I could at least delete my account, although that doesn't seem to be an option either.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:02 am
In regards to KDE Identity itself, if you have a normal user account then your details will not be accessible by anyone other than the site administrators.
For each site under kde.org which you login to, most of them should keep your email address secret at least by default. We haven't done a comprehensive check to ensure this is the case though. For the forum, you may need to change some preferences in the User Control Panel to ensure the privacy of your email address.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Traveller
Registered Member

Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:54 am
I wish to have no association with KDE.

I wish to have all email from all sources stop. (I'm getting commit messages that the system says it isn't sending.)

I am sick of the KDE (I have no problem with that) attitude.

How do I remove all of my accounts. They are all associated with the same email.
toad
Global Moderator
OS

Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:56 am
I could ban you outright, should do the trick and be the most hassle free for you.

You happy with that?

Debian testing
sbeing
Registered Member
OS

Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:12 am
Can I second (or is that third) this? I immediately regretted creating this account once I realized what it entailed.

And while I certainly understand the logic of not wanting to lose context by deleting a user's messages, this is the only thing I have ever posted, so if no one replies to it, no context is lost.

12/20/17 EDIT: Seeing that no one has responded to this, I will simply continue on as usual. Should anyone have a problem with this, simply say so and we can discuss it.
PackElend
Registered Member

Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:06 pm
hello,
I was too quick in following https://userbase.kde.org/Quick_Start. Accidentally I entered my email as user name for https://community.kde.org/.
Any chance to change it?
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: How do I delete my account?  Topic is solved

Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:43 am
PackElend wrote:hello,
I was too quick in following https://userbase.kde.org/Quick_Start. Accidentally I entered my email as user name for https://community.kde.org/.
Any chance to change it?

Please talk to the wiki admins about this, we do not manage the wiki in the forums. Write to kde-www@kde.org about your problem, careful though, this address goes to a mailing list, you might want to ask for a private referral on how to proceed.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
PackElend
Registered Member

Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:37 am
I'm in touch with admin :)
sebastian05067
Registered Member

Wed May 29, 2019 12:17 am
I want to delete my account too, how can I do it?
mrhandbrake
Registered Member

Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:02 am
Please remove my account from identity.kde.org and forum.kde.org. I'm not going to use it anymore. Thank you.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:13 pm
mrhandbrake wrote:Please remove my account from identity.kde.org and forum.kde.org. I'm not going to use it anymore. Thank you.

For identity you need to file a ticket to sysadmin: https://go.kde.org/systickets

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
aidanboothby
Registered Member

Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:30 am
Can you please delete this account
kde-pan
Registered Member

Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:36 pm
Please remove my account from identity.kde.org and forum.kde.org.
I have only just created it without knowing that my email would be public. I believe I should have been informed about that beforehand.
@Mamarok You link is not helpful, it redirects to some login page where I am asked to create a new account...