This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

Badges for the forum?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS

Badges for the forum?

Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:37 am
I wrote to the KDE-www list, but I was told to speak up here as well. I said,
"Hi all, there has been a request for a special badge for those who donate in the upcoming fundraising drive, such as "I support Freedom"
or a button, or similar. Is this possible, and if so, to whom do we need to talk to to get it implemented?"

Hans Chen <hans.chen@kde.org> said,
to forum-admin, kde-www
Hi,

This would probably be something for the forum administrators, I've cc:ed all admins to make sure everyone sees this request.

By badge, do you mean the thing displayed below your username, e.g. "Administrator" on memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=847?
In that case it would probably be simplest to create a new user group (something like "Supporter"?).
The issue then is how to automatically add users who donated to this group.
What information do users provide when donating? Can they e.g. provide an email or optional information, which could be their KDE Identity/forum username?

Cheers,
Hans
=========

When we announce the fundraiser on the forum, we'll be talking to people who already have a login, so I don't think that will be a problem. Naturally, we hope to find people who don't have an Identity account (yet) but they are unlikely to care about forum badges! I think it would be cool to create a new group, and supporter would be a great name.

Valorie

Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Badges for the forum?

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:10 am
Hm, what I would love to see is the ability to have more than one badge, currently one can only show one, so an admin will only show as an admin, no way to also show a supporter badge.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: Badges for the forum?

Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:51 am
Showing multiple badges would require some core modifications unfortunately.
Valorie, do you know if we have the supporters email addresses?

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]