This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

Thanks for the KDE identity...NOT!

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kde-jlinkels
Registered Member

Thanks for the KDE identity...NOT!

Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:13 am
Great that I had to recreate my KDE identity...NOT!

To join the old user name and the new identity apparently I had to use the same e-mail address. Fine. Since my company closed some time ago that e-mail address is not valid anymore.

So because my e-mail address changed I now have a new name KDE-jlinkels. Because the old one was in use. The old one is not in use. And cannot ever be used again. Great! Thanks!

jlinkels
Hans
Administrator
OS
Please send an email to forum-admin@kde.org with your old and new username, old and new email address, and which account you want to keep if we merge them, and we will try to sort it out.

The KDE Identity integration has some flaws but it is a necessary step towards allowing the same account to be used on all KDE websites, which is a great goal in my opinion. I am sorry about the inconvenience it has caused you, but please show respect for the people who have put in hard work to get this system to work. :)

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts