This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

How to set geometry of KNotify?

Tags: knotify, window geometry knotify, window geometry knotify, window geometry
(comma "," separated)
linuxfluesterer
Registered Member

How to set geometry of KNotify?

Thu May 21, 2015 10:04 am
Hallo forums.
Since long time (version 1.1) I'm using KDE. Now I'm on KDE 4.14.6 (German) under Sabayon distribution.
My problem is, that some English descriptions are not suggestable for me to translate in German, or that I don't know, what the English expression, description or application name really means. E.g. KNotify is a plasma popup window which displays system messages. So, it seems part of a bigger package, maybe kde-base or kde-workspace.
Now, I would rather like to know, where can I set the geometry of exactly that plasma popup KNotify, in which file? Because on gui, the settings possibilities are poor.
As you can see on the pic (17", Full HD screen) here, the KNotify popped up window is partly covered by Chromium.

I want to display the popup window of KNotify like a portrait at a specific location on my screen; here, on left space beside and uncovered by my Chromium. Is that possible?

Thank you in advance.

-Linuxfluesterer