This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

KDE identity / KDE forum default images

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mcc
Registered Member
Hello. I am uncertain if the appropriate place to raise this is here, on the KDE bug tracker, or on the sysadmin.kde.org trouble ticket system. I will start here, if this is not the appropriate place to post let me know.

I just created a new account on "KDE identity" so that I can post on this forum. What I found is that the default profile images for KDE identity and this forum, and the "open a new account" on the KDE bug tracker, all feature a "generic" human who is in fact not generic but explicitly male and also white. The implication then is that KDE expects that all users of their system will be male and also white. I think that this is a serious problem because it creates a sense of unwelcomeness for any persons who are not white males who might wish to use the services, and it could be offputting to people who are trying to get started with the product (as a nonmale it definitely was to me).

Here is the default KDE identity image

Here is the "make an account" on the bug tracker

Here is the default icon on this forum (I do note, this is *more* generic and does not assume a race for the user, but the silhouette still looks pretty male)

Where is the appropriate venue to raise this issue?