This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

Moderator access request for KTorrent forum

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sgrayban
Registered Member
OS
It looks like George has gone AFK and hasn't been here in a long time, his Last visited was Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:01 am, see his profile at memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=49367

The domain for ktorrent.org has also expired and has been hijacked and the person wants $200 for it so I registered and hosting the new domain at http://ktorrent.net/ on my own dime.

I don't know who has access to the source code but the domain name needs to be changed in it. Maybe I can get George's old access if he had it ?
fakd
Registered Member
OS
Can't help you on the mod access, however...

To avoid this very same situation in the future, first thing you should do is head over to https://sysadmin.kde.org/ and hand that domain over to KDE (sysadmins). This and only this, is the way to prevent that this will happen again, further more it will spare you the bucks for the domain and the hosting.
Maybe KDE is even willing to spend the $200 dollar, currently this domain is only parked, but it could also be misused for malware spread etc. So $200 might be worth it...

Also note when you hand it over to the kde sysadmins, this doesn't mean you loose access or can't admin it anymore, it just means its hosted on kde infra and the kde sysadmins have access as well.
sgrayban
Registered Member
OS
So who do I ask for mod access ? I thought this was the place to do that ??
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Talk to the sysadmins, they have a mailing list: sysadmin@kde.org

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
sgrayban
Registered Member
OS
Mamarok wrote:Talk to the sysadmins, they have a mailing list: sysadmin@kde.org

Thanks for the info... :)