This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

k4dirstat is missing from list

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rcameron
Registered Member
OS

k4dirstat is missing from list

Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:42 am
I'm arriving here from the 'Guided Posting' feature asking the user to 'press the button' if the utility with which one needs help isn't in the list. I now see this section is only for 'Forum Feedback' so after this post I shall return to the main Board Index, and again try to find where to post a support question.

Because of this, there will be two requests from me on k4dirstat -- sorry, but I'm not trying to double-post. Just confused over where to go, next ... :-\

System information:
Linux Mint 17.3 | KDE Platform Version 4.14.2, and
Linux Mint 18.0 | KDE Platform Version 5.28.0
google01103
Manager
not all apps are available in "Guided Posting" as there are just too many, also K4dirstat is not an official KDE app. As best as I can tell this is the official app website https://bitbucket.org/jeromerobert/k4dirstat/wiki/Home

you can post query under System & Utilities but if you are reporting a bug or requesting new feature then here is not the place

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

rcameron
Registered Member
OS

Re: k4dirstat is missing from list

Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:20 am
google01103 wrote:... K4dirstat is not an official KDE app. ... you can post query under System & Utilities but if you are reporting a bug or requesting new feature then here is not the place
Thanks for the quick reply and I will do that right now.

It doesn't seem to be very well known -- a pity -- haven't seen anything like it in the 'official' apps and it seems to be running well on KDE4, with the exception of a minor 'glitch' in its menu settings ... which should be customizable.

System information:
Linux Mint 17.3 | KDE Platform Version 4.14.2, and
Linux Mint 18.0 | KDE Platform Version 5.28.0
jeromerobert
Registered Member
OS

Re: k4dirstat is missing from list

Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:02 pm
The settings menu should be fixed in the 3.1 version. This version require KDE Framework 5.