This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

Hello

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
oceanpearls
Registered Member

Hello

Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:18 am
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums :-)
I looked around and couldn't find a causal discussion thread for talking about topics unrelated to KDE, and for getting to know your fellow forum members.
If there is one, could someone point me to it? If there's not one, may I request that we make one?
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Hello

Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:06 pm
And why should we have a thread for discussions not related to KDE in a KDE forum?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
metzman
Registered Member
OS

Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:43 pm
Mamarok wrote:And why should we have a thread for discussions not related to KDE in a KDE forum?

Touché ;) (Sorry, just couldn't resist...)
oceanpearls
Registered Member

Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:06 pm
Mamarok wrote:And why should we have a thread for discussions not related to KDE in a KDE forum?

Because if you get to know your forum members a little bit the forum becomes more interesting and people tend to get more involved. (which I think is a good thing)
Or do you think just keeping everything about the forum technical all the time is the best option? No room for light hearted interaction among people who are essentially trying to brainstorm to come up with ideas to help make Krita better. And get involved to learn to use Krita better from other people who also use the software.

Krita development appears to be so well on it's way that I see a huge online community in the making. Unless you're dead set keeping the forum completely technical.
Not everyone wants to be a part of many forum communities they prefer to choose a favorite one that they always can always come back to and just want to interact with people who are interested in the same things they are.
Krita is a program built for creating art, So why not make the forum about showing art that was made in Krita and getting to know other people who use Krita?

I think a Krita's Kafé forum sound appealing... just saying
Hans
Administrator
OS

Re: Hello  Topic is solved

Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:48 am
Hi and welcome to the forums! :)

The KDE Café is the place for casual discussions about pretty much anything you want (as long as they follow the forum rules). We used to do silly stuff like the Admins vs. the rest game, but that one got boring quickly since the users never came close to winning. ;)

For Krita you want to check the Krita forum. In particular, it sounds like you would enjoy the Krita gallery. For something like Krita's Kafé, you want to speak to the Krita developers - if they request it, we can add such a forum.

Hope you enjoy the forums, if you have any ideas how to make it better let us know.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
oceanpearls
Registered Member

Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:09 am
Thank you Hans :)