This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

Questions about exporting as JPEG and PNG

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
nbray
Registered Member
Thank you for reading this, and I thank the people who created Krita.
I am very new to using Krita, as a matter of fact, I just downloaded it a few days ago, and started using it yesterday.
Today, I opened up a PSD file using Krita and saved it under another name, and then modified the image which I made for an ebook cover.
When I went to export the image as a jpeg, a menu box came up which had ICC profile preset and it was at 80 percent compression.
When I went to export the image as a png, a menu box came up which also had a compression of 9 preset.
I want to export the image such that when I upload to Amazon KDP for the ebook cover it will be of highest quality and look good.
With that being said, I ask the following questions:
1. When saving as a jpeg,
a) will allowing it to be compressed at 80 or 100 percent or any other amount cause it to loose quality?
b) will it cause Amazon KDP not to be able to upload it?

2. When saving as a png,
a) will allowing it to be compressed at 80 or 100 percent or any other amount cause it to loose quality?
b) will it cause Amazon KDP not to be able to upload it?

3. Is it better to upload/use a png or jpeg or some other file type to upload my ebook cover into Amazon KDP?

4. I looked at the user manual, but I still don't quite understand what ICC profile is all about.
If you believe you could, could you explain it to me?

Thank you for reading this.