This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

Creating a Signature File for My Profile

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
FrankW
Registered Member
OS
Good morning,

I'm having some trouble creating a signature file for my profile. The file I am trying to create consists of one image (.png file, 5Kb,437x53 px) and three lines of text describing my computer system in a very summary fashion.

When I attempt to preview the signature file, I receive an error message that states I have used 286 characters and that we are only allowed 255. If I remove the information for the image file from my signature, the problem with the excess number of characters is resolved.

In order to comply with the forum's requirements, I have copied the image file to an account I maintain with Photobucket. To apply the image to my signature file, I select the 'Direct' link type and use the tags to bracket it. Is this the correct procedure? If so, then the number of characters required to provide the link to my image file must be counted by your system in determining the number of characters I have used. Is this also correct?

Any help you can provide me in creating the signature file I would like to have or at least in better understanding why this issue is will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Frank

P.S. - The signature file you see appended to my post was modified and reduced as much as possible before I wrote this email. I simply have not updated it yet.

Precision T-5400 -- 2 - Quad Core Xeon @ 3.16GHz 20 GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce 210 1GB DRAM - Using X.org X server Nouveau driver

Kubuntu 17.04 - KDE Plasma 5.94
Mamarok
Manager
OS
I am not sure images are actually allowed in the signature, this might be the issue.

FWIW: if you use Kubuntu 17.04, then you have Plasma 5.9.4, there is no 5.93

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
FrankW
Registered Member
OS
Hi Mamarok,

It's nice to meet you!

According to the forum's rules regarding signatures, a small image (of an appropriate nature, of course) is permitted along with 5 lines of text if my memory is still serving me at this hour! I had all of that information saved as a text file, but I'll be doggone if it's where I thoiught I saved it. Perhaps in the morning, I'll be able to see as well as think more clearly.

Best regards,

Frank

Precision T-5400 -- 2 - Quad Core Xeon @ 3.16GHz 20 GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce 210 1GB DRAM - Using X.org X server Nouveau driver

Kubuntu 17.04 - KDE Plasma 5.94