This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

Forum notifications being sent to old email address

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
anewuser
Registered Member
OS
Hey. I updated my email address through the KDE Identity page (and deleted the old one), but this forum still sends notifications to my old address.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
did you change your mail address in your forum settings?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
anewuser
Registered Member
OS
Where? User Control Panel -> Profile -> Edit account settings is the section that took me to the KDE Identity page:

KDE Identity users cannot modify their account settings from the forum. If you want to change your password or update your email address, please log into KDE Identity and update them in your profile settings.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask the Forum Administrators
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Weird, it doesn't do that here for me, it stays in the forum. All it does is asking you for your identity password, but of course changing profile settings always requires password actions. Maybe this is because I made a forum account before this was strictly identity related. Please send me a PM so I can change it for you.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
anewuser
Registered Member
OS
Ok, I'm going to PM you. :) Thanks.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Change done, please check if it works now.

anewuser
Registered Member
OS
Mamarok wrote:Change done, please check if it works now.

Thank you! The notification was sent to the right address. Please check if this happens to all users registered after the implementation of the new login system. Other people may be missing replies to their posts.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
oh my, and how would we do that? There are several thousand users, we simply don't have time for that task. I think the best would be to ask all users who change their mail address to talk to us admins about this.

Mind you, this looks like a bug to me, though, let's see what the forum devs think about

anewuser
Registered Member
OS
Mamarok wrote:Mind you, this looks like a bug to me, though, let's see what the forum devs think about

That's what I meant. Not checking them one by one. ;)
Arran
Registered Member
OS

Re: Forum

Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:51 pm
Hello

Best greetings from Scotland's nicest holiday island.
Kubuntu 18.04, 64 bits, Nvidia 4800GS, 8MB Ram, 4 core, HP Monitor 2550 x 1600 pixels.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Forum

Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:27 pm
Arran wrote:Hello

Hi there, anything you need?

Arran
Registered Member
OS
Oh, sorry!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not get messages telling me that I got a response of a text from me. I wanted to change my email address but did not find where.

Best greetings from Scotland's nicest holiday island.
Kubuntu 18.04, 64 bits, Nvidia 4800GS, 8MB Ram, 4 core, HP Monitor 2550 x 1600 pixels.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Arran wrote:Oh, sorry!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not get messages telling me that I got a response of a text from me. I wanted to change my email address but did not find where.

No problem, as mentioned in the other thread: send me a PM with your current and former address so I can change it for you