This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

capturing with firewire from dv camera

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Geoffrey Tucker
Registered Member
Hello, I have been trying to post a topic, however, my topic contains more characters than the subject bar will allow and yet I get the message my topic contains too few characters, where am I going wrong, please help.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Did you try reducing the number of characters in the topic? The topic you wrote here is off-topic, btw, doesn't tell you have problems with the subject of a post...

Also the exact text you tried to write in the topic would be helpful, as well as the exact text of the error message (copy-paste should be possible).

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Geoffrey Tucker
Registered Member
Thank you Mamarok, I have posted again with more info on what I am trying to achieve, to capture into Kdenlive 15.12.3 from my mini dv camera using firewire.
Geoffrey Tucker
Registered Member
Why have they made Kdenlive 15.12.3 so difficult to use?, I still cannot capture from a mini DV camera using firewire, very frustrating.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Geoffrey Tucker wrote:Why have they made Kdenlive 15.12.3 so difficult to use?, I still cannot capture from a mini DV camera using firewire, very frustrating.

You really need to address this question to the Kdenlive forum, but keep in mind there might be some restrictions due to proprietary hardware and protocols that make it hard for Free Software to interact with all devices.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Geoffrey Tucker
Registered Member
Thanks Mamarok, I thought that by putting my question on the forum, I was doing just that, am I wrong?
Every previous edition of Kdenlive gave me no problem, so I cannot understand why it has been made so difficult with this edition 15.12.3.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
You posted this in the general Forum Feedback section which is meant for Forum related stuff. The various software projects can be found under "KDE Software" (accessible from the Board Index button on the lower left of your screen), where Kdenlive has its own subforum: viewforum.php?f=262, located in the section "Graphics and Multimedia".