This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

Registration is buggy, i can't choose an username

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mac12m99
Registered Member
First of all, sorry for my bad english and/or if i posted on wrong section :)

I've tried to create a new account, i compiled first and last name, then i got my link to continue the registration.
After, i opened the link and.. i can't choose an username! There was only "Not selected" >:(
To register i've had to clear browser cache(to bypass check of multiple account creation) and register using a fake mail(because my "official" one have alredy been used >:( ).
I think this is because the first and last name i've choosen(yes, fake) point in an alredy used username(not sure).

Now i'm in, but this is a serious issue, not all people have the knowledge to clear cache and create a fake mail :)
Mamarok
Manager
OS
And why would you create a new account if you already have one? Seriously, why would you need more than one account in this forum?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
pemartins
Registered Member
I had trouble registering at the forum also, I had exactly the same issue.

I believe that first you are required to make a registration at a place which is not the forum yet (weird) and the first thing you are asked for is your first and last name... and it is mandatory... :(
I double checked to see if I was registering at a Microsoft or Apple forum by mistake. But I wasn't.

I typed some random initials in each field (no, I'm not entering my first and last name), one letter in each required field, and when it got to part where the username was to be entered, turns out that the system generates about 4 or 5 names for us to choose from according to our first and last names. I had no names to choose from, the field was empty. As described in the first post.

So I had to make another registration, this time using another email address because the previous one was burned, and this time I entered 'my' first and last name. After entering Cristiano Ronaldo (sorry but no, I'm not Cristiano Ronaldo so don't ask me for autographs ;D ), then I had something to choose from at the username picking.

With that created account I was then able to login here at the forum and on the settings I was able to choose a different username.

This registration process is really far from being the best thing in the world...