This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

Applications does not start in kde neon 17.04

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rishu
Registered Member
I am new to linux. I installed esim (simulation) software in my kde neon 17.04 using ./install-linux.sh --install.
The installation was completed.
but i cant start the application. Whenever I click the app it appears in the taskbar and then just vanishes.
I tried terminal and got this output
Laptop dell inspiron n4030

:~$ esim
/usr/bin/esim: line 2: cd: /home/abhar/My: No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'Application.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
Mamarok
Manager
OS
The two lines tell you exactly what is wrong: either the file or the directory to execute the application are missing.

Since esim is not an application we (the KDE community) provide, you should get in touch with the authors of this particular software, apparently they can be reached here: https://users.soe.ucsc.edu/~elm/Software/Esim/esim.html

I also strongly suggest you read again about the exact steps to install the application, as I think you must have skipped a step at some point.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...