This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

How to pin my favorite folders in KDE panel like in Windows?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
nazarnirvana
Registered Member
I miss those pins I make in windows. How can I do the same in KDE plasma?

Currently KDE plasma only provides my FREQUENT apps/docs but doesnot give me option to PIN them.

airdrik
Registered Member
OS
(I thought that the task managers in KDE allowed you to pin applications by right-clicking on them, but I guess they changed that)

To pin an application: In the Application launcher, find the app you want, right-click on it and select: Pin to Task Manager.

When Dolphin is in the task manager it will list the locations you've added to Dolphin's Places in its Task Manager context menu.
To add folders to Dolphin's Places, locate the item in the file manager, right-click on it and select: Add to Places.

For adding individual documents, I don't see any way to do it directly. However what you can do is set up a pinned documents folder for links to things that you want "pinned" to your panel. Next add the folder to the panel by dragging it there. It will ask if you want to add it as a Folder View or Icon; select Folder View. You can then drag the documents or folders there to move/copy/link to them for quick access.

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.